Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Music, Munchies and More...Your First Good Deed in 2015!

Instead of rocking into  2015 with good intentions only, how about starting it with a good deed?

Here is your chance: I have six tickets left for the spaghetti dinner. If you email me at silviabichler@kw.com, with the amount of tickets you need and your address, I will personally bring them over to you. First come, first serve! There will be a ticket sale at the door. If you have an item for the silent auction, I will pick it up at your house. If you want to write a check, I will take it to the violin instructor after the holidays. All you have to do is giving me a holler and you can start 2015 as a very much appreciated sponsor of our violin kids and as my personal hero of 2015! 

Antonio Del Buono Elementary School in Gilroy has been providing free violin instruction and instruments under the direction of accomplished violinist and credentialed Suzuki Violin instructor Lori Franke for many decades. Due to rigorous state cuts, however, funding for music and art has almost been wiped out for our school kids during the past years.

My 7-year-old granddaughter started to play violin and through the unique Suzuki method improved her ability to concentrate on a task not only in music but also  in math and other subjects. Her last report card showed "exceeding district bench mark" in all tests.

Experiencing the joy of playing an instrument and open the door to the world of Mozart and Bach should not only be reserved for students whose affluent parents can afford private lessons. There is tremendous talent among the Antonio Del Buono students many of them are children of migrant workers  - don't let this talent go to waste because of lack of funds.

I joined the Board of the Antonio Del Buono violin program and pledged to support the program in 2015 with a percentage of any of my business transactions as Keller Williams Real Estate Consultant. I want to give back to the local youth because it is you who help me grow my business with your referral to friends and family. Thank you for your continued support and friendship!

Help me to support this wonderful program - probably the only free violin program offered by an elementary school in the South County.

There are many ways you can help: Buy tickets for the upcoming spaghetti dinner, donate items for the silent auction or write us a check. Anything you can do is very much appreciated.

Below is a letter from Lori Franke, Director of the ADB Violin Program

No comments:

Post a Comment