Saturday, August 23, 2014

Successful Hoof And Woof Poker Run Today!

I checked in early at Stop 1 of today's Hoof and Woof Poker Run at Indian Motorcycle on San Felipe Road in Hollister. I wanted to make sure that my table was set up and gummy bears waiting for the bikers who would leave the registration table at the Morgan Hill Harley Davidson House of Thunder at around 10AM.




In fact, I was so early that I had time to pick the Indian Motorcycle I would love to take home....isn't that a purdy bike?
At around 11AM we could hear the roar of about 70 bikes riding towards my poker table. That was awsome and all bikers and their passengers wanted to pick the first lucky card for their poker hand at our table. I added Haribo Gummybears as special touch which was very appreciated.


 One of the first bikers who approached me told me that he was from Stuttgart ,Germany, a Swabian homie of mine. What a surprise!

 There are four more stops to go before the finish at Cycle Gear Gilroy where bbq, partay and the prizes will wait not only for the winners. A three night stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas is one of the top prizes for the highest poker hand. The real winners though today are Operation Freedom Paws and Dream Power Horsemanship. Because 100% of the proceeds will go towards these wonderful programs who help veterans for free, our veterans will be the real winners. Thank you everyone for taking part and making this a fun day.


  I enjoyed voluteering at Indian Motorcycle in Hollister and get to know the friendly staff there and the beautiful bikes. I will wear the Indian Motorcycle pin every biker and volunteer got for free with pride. And now it's time to hit the BBQ at Cycle Gear in Gilroy and celebrate this opportunity to show our veterans our gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment